Prep your Windows & Doors to Beat the Summer Heat!
PREP YOUR WINDOWS AND DOORS TO BEAT THE SUMMER HEAT
It’s officially summer, and the AC is crankin! Temperatures are high, times are unpredictable, and spending money unnecessarily is a bit scary right now… We could all use some tips for cooling down our homes while savinig money on our energy bill. Read our tips for what you can do today to keep the heat out and cool air in:
TIPS: KEEP OUT THE HEAT AND KEEP THE COOL AIR IN WITH YOUR WINDOWS & DOORS
- Prevent the sunlight from directly hitting your home: Install window awnings or plant trees/shrubs to shade your home
- Block the Sun: install white blinds, drapes, shades, or curtains that will reflect the sun back on itself and keep your home cool; if you have blinds, and they don’t seem to be working check to make sure they are turned the correct way so they are not letting light into your home
- Use heavy or specially insulated curtains or drapes
- During sunlight hours, keep your blinds, curtains, drapes closed
- Keep the doors closed
- Check for air leaks on windows and doors. The hot and humid air that leaks in will heat up your home unchecked
- If you find a leak, get it fixed as soon as possible
- If your AC breaks or you are really making an effort to cut down costs you can apply foil-backed insulation to the inside of your windows to really repel the sun, but you won’t be able to see outside your windows at all.
Upgrade to energy- efficient windows and doors with us today.The most common reasons for installing new doors or windows into your property, besides vanity, is to save money on your energy bills and keep the inside of your home cooler during the summer months, and warmer during the winter months.
UPGRADE TO ENERGY EFFICIENT WINDOWS AND DOORS TODAY WITH MANCHESTER MILLWORK, PROUD PARTNERS OF MARVIN BRAND
Thinking about upgrading to energy efficient windows and doors? Let’s discuss! Call us today & we can talk you thru the different options and help you make the best choice. 860.645.8432